Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Modeling and analysis of resource allocation for distributed antenna systems connected with satellite backhauls
- Modeling and analysis of resource allocation for distributed antenna systems connected with satellite backhauls
- Choi, Jihwan P.; Chang, Seok-Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Jihwan P.
- Issue Date
- 35th AIAA International Communications Satellite Systems Conference, ICSSC 2017, 204009
- Distributed antenna systems (DAS) are widely deployed to extend the coverage area and increase the system throughput. Connection to satellite backhauls can enhance the economics of satellite networks by overcoming long propagation delays and non-line-of-sight channels. Coordinated network control is essential to manage interferences and to maximize system efficiency. In this paper, we optimize a joint scheme of packet routing from data sources to distributed antennas and resource allocation for links from antennas to end users. We solve a conventional discrete antenna element modeling problem, and then extend it to the case of a very large number of elements by modeling as a continuous aperture antenna over a large area. Finally, we present a problem of satellite backhauls to show that end-to-end network flows should be jointly scheduled with overall resource allocation of satellites and terrestrial antenna systems. © 2017, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Inc, AIAA. All rights reserved.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Inc, AIAA
- Related Researcher
Choi, Jihwan P.
NCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)
Wireless and space communication systems; Cross-layer network design; 위성 통신 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringNCRG(Networks and Communications Research Group)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.