Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Magnetic field insensitive photoluminescence decay of ZnSe/CdS core/shell type-II colloidal quantum dots
- Magnetic field insensitive photoluminescence decay of ZnSe/CdS core/shell type-II colloidal quantum dots
- Lee, Woojin; Park, Seongho; Murayama, Akihiro; Lee, Jong-Soo; Kyhm, Kwangseuk
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jong-Soo
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 57(6), 06HE06
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- EXCITON FINE-STRUCTURE; EXCHANGE INTERACTION; DARK-EXCITON; NANOCRYSTALS; HETEROSTRUCTURES; REGIMES; ENERGY
- We have synthesized ZnSe/CdS core/shell type-II colloidal quantum dots, where an electron and a hole are separated in the CdS shell and the ZnSe core, respectively. Our theoretical model has revealed that absorbance spectrum of bare ZnSe quantum dots in 2 nm radius becomes broadened with a large redshift (∼1.15 eV) when the electron in ZnSe core is separated by 3.2nm CdS shell. Also, we found that our type-II QDs are insensitive to an external magnetic field up to 5 T in terms of central emission energy, degree of polarization, and photoluminescence decay time. This can be attributed to the electron-hole charge separation in a type-II structure, whereby the suppressed exchange interaction gives rise to a magnetic insensitivity with a small energy difference between the bright and dark exciton states. © 2018 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Related Researcher
MNEDL(Multifunctional Nanomaterials & Energy Devices Lab)
Design of new type of multifunctional nanoparticles for energy-related devices; 다기능성 나노재료; 무기물 태양전지; 열전소자
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringMNEDL(Multifunctional Nanomaterials & Energy Devices Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.