Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Model for petahertz optical memory based on a manipulation of the optical-field-induced current in dielectrics
- Model for petahertz optical memory based on a manipulation of the optical-field-induced current in dielectrics
- Lee, Jae Dong; Kim, Young Jae; Kim, Chil-Min
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Jae Dong; Kim, Chil-Min
- Issue Date
- New Journal of Physics, 20(9), 1-7
- Article Type
- ultrafast processes in condensed matter; optical data storage; optical memories; TIME; SPECTROSCOPY
- A new physical insight into the ultrafast information communication can be gained from the reversible and robust petahertz (PHz, 10 15 Hz) current induced by a strong few-cycle optical waveform in large band-gap dielectrics. Weexplore an asymmetric conduction of the petahertz current using a heterojunction of low-hole-mass and low-electron-mass dielectrics and devise various functionalities enabling the petahertz signal processing, like diode, switch, and diode transistor. Wethen propose a model of one-bit optical nonvolatile random-access memory (RAM) by assembling those functionalities and demonstrate its petahertz operation. Further, we suggest the scalability up to a four-bit data manipulation based on the 2 x 2 array of four one-bitRAM elements.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Light and Matter Theory Laboratory
Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics; Ultrafast Dynamics and Optics; Nonequilibrium Phenomena
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLight and Matter Theory Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceMicro Laser Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.