Cited 2 time in
Cited 3 time in
Secure capacity analysis for magnetic inductive coupling-based SWIPT system
- Secure capacity analysis for magnetic inductive coupling-based SWIPT system
- Han, Sungmin; Kim, Han-Joon; Lee, Jaeseok; Choi, Ji-Woong
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Ji-Woong
- Issue Date
- IEEE Access, 6, 49182-49191
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Magnetic induction coupling (MIC); physical layer security (PLS); secure capacity; magnetic coil; near field communication (NFC)
- NFC APPLICATIONS; WIRELESS POWER; PROTOCOL
- Many researchers have provided meaningful insights for physical layer security (PLS) in various wireless communication systems. However, few works have carried out an intensive PLS analysis for magnetic inductive coupling (MIC)-based simultaneous wireless information and power transfer (SWIPT). This paper analyzes the effect of the angular position of coils on the secure capacity of a MIC-based SWIPT system in the presence of a potential malicious power receiver. Using a simple coupling model, we analyze the maximum achievable secure capacity of a MIC-based SWIPT system when the transmitter has knowledge of the coil angular positions of the receiver and the potential eavesdropper. In addition, we expand our analysis to the case where the transmitter has only limited knowledge of the coil angular positions of the receiver and the potential eavesdropper due to the angular fluctuation of the coils. Since employing the PLS technique with a traditional security algorithm can enhance security, the analysis will provide a meaningful contribution for improving MIC-based SWIPT system security. © 2013 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
CSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab
Communication System; Signal Processing; Communication Circuit Design; 생체 신호 통신 및 신호 처리; 뇌-기계 인터페이스(BMI); 차세대 교차계층 통신 및 신호 처리; 5G 모바일 통신
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.