Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Structure and Reactivity of a Mononuclear Nonheme Manganese(III)-Iodosylarene Complex
- Structure and Reactivity of a Mononuclear Nonheme Manganese(III)-Iodosylarene Complex
- Jeong, Donghyun; Ohta, Takehiro; Cho, Jaeheung
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, Jaeheung
- Issue Date
- Journal of the American Chemical Society, 140(47), 16037-16041
- Article Type
- MULTIPLE ACTIVE OXIDANTS; DIOXYGEN ACTIVATION; HYPERVALENT IODINE; OXYGEN-TRANSFER; ATOM TRANSFER; IRON; EPOXIDATION; MANGANESE; WATER; IRON(III)
- Transition metal-iodosylarene complexes have been proposed to be key intermediates in the catalytic cycles of metal catalysts with iodosylarene. We report the first X-ray crystal structure and spectroscopic characterization of a mononuclear nonheme manganese(III)-iodosylarene complex with a tetradentate macrocyclic ligand, [MnIII(TBDAP)(OIPh)(OH)]2+ (2). The manganese(III)-iodosylarene complex is capable of conducting various oxidation reactions with organic substrates, such as C-H bond activation, sulfoxidation and epoxidation. Kinetic studies including isotope labeling experiments and Hammett correlation demonstrate the electrophilic character on the Mn-iodosylarene adduct. This novel intermediate would be prominently valuable for expanding the chemistry of transition metal catalysts. Copyright © 2018 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
Biomimetic Materials Laboratory
Biomimetics; Metalloenzymes; Nitric Oxide Suppliers in Brain; Biomimetic Materials in Life
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceBiomimetic Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.