Cited 3 time in
Cited 1 time in
A Physics-Based Model Capacity Fade Analysis of LiMn2O4/Graphite Cell at Different Temperatures
- A Physics-Based Model Capacity Fade Analysis of LiMn2O4/Graphite Cell at Different Temperatures
- Appiah, Williams Agyei; Ryou, Myung-Hyun; Lee, Yong Min
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Yong Min
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 166(3), A5109-A5116
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- LI-ION CELLS; CATHODE MATERIALS; SPINEL; MANGANESE; SIMULATION; DISSOLUTION; OPTIMIZATION; PERFORMANCE; RETENTION; STABILITY
- The capacity fading behavior of a LiMn 2 O 4 /graphite lithium ion cells at different temperatures is analyzed using a physicsbased porous composite electrode model and a parameter estimation technique. The parameter estimation technique is used to extract capacity fade dependent model parameters from experimental cycling data. Although the capacity fading mechanism of the LiMn 2 O 4 /graphite lithium ion cells are greatly influenced by temperature, major capacity fading mechanism is closely related to the trapping of Li ions into solid electrolyte interphase on the graphite negative electrode and the reduction in the volume fraction of the active material in the LiMn 2 O 4 positive electrode. At 25°C, the dominant capacity fading mechanisms is the formation of the solid electrolyte interphase while at 60°C the dominant capacity fading mechanism is the reduction in the volume fraction of the positive active material. The efficacy of the physics-based composite electrode model is validated with experimental discharge profiles obtained from cells cycled at 25 and 60°C. © The Author(s) 2018. Published by ECS.
- Electrochemical Society, Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringBattery Materials & Systems LAB1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.