Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Thin and porous polymer membrane-based electrochromic devices
- Thin and porous polymer membrane-based electrochromic devices
- Han, Taeyeong; Dzakpasu, Cyril Bubu; Kim, Dohwhan; Kim, Seokwoo; Jeong, Yong-Cheol; Ryou, Myung-Hyun; Lee, Yong Min
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Yong Min
- Issue Date
- Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 7(4), 1042-1047
- Article Type
- Cyclic voltammetry; Electrochromic devices; Electrochromism; Electrolytes; Fluorine compounds; Lithium compounds; Nickel compounds; Polymers; Pore structure; Tungsten compounds; Color changing; Dibutyl phthalates; Electrochromics; Liquid electrolytes; Poly(vinylidene fluoride-co-hexafluoropropylene); Porous polymers; Propylene carbonate; Smart windows; Membranes; Chlorine compounds
- An electrochromic (EC) device based on a thin and porous polymer membrane was newly fabricated for large-area applications such as smart windows. The pore structure of the poly(vinylidene fluoride-co-hexafluoropropylene) (PVdF-HFP) membrane was generated by extracting the pore generation material, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), from the cast film consisting of PVdF-HFP and DBP. The thickness of the porous polymer membrane was controlled to be very thin (approximately 30 μm), and the membrane was used to assemble WO3/W-NiO EC devices with 1 M LiClO4 in propylene carbonate as liquid electrolyte. Since the porous polymer membrane has a higher ionic conductivity than the non-porous one, the EC device with the porous polymer membrane showed a much higher current density in cyclic voltammetry even at a high scanning rate, faster color changing speed, and better stability after 500 cycles. © 2019 The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Lee, Yong Min
Battery Materials & Systems LAB
Battery; Electrode; Electrolyte; Separator; Simulation
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringBattery Materials & Systems LAB1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.