Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Optical gain of inelastic exciton-exciton scattering in CdS nanowires
- Optical gain of inelastic exciton-exciton scattering in CdS nanowires
- Jang, Juyeong; Song, Gwangseop; Kyhm, Kwangseuk; Cho, Chang-Hee
- DGIST Authors
- Cho, Chang-Hee
- Issue Date
- Applied Physics Letters, 114(8), 081101
- Article Type
- Cadmium sulfide; Excitons; II-VI semiconductors; Inelastic scattering; Nanowires; Optical gain; Phonons; CdS nanowires; Excited carriers; Exciton-exciton scattering; Mott density; Optical gain spectra; P emission; Population inversions; Variable stripe lengths; Sulfur compounds
- We have performed a variable stripe length method at 5 K to measure the optical gain of CdS nanowires. When the excited carrier density is lower than the Mott density, we found that various inelastic scatterings of excitons and LO-phonons are involved. As a consequence of inelastic exciton-exciton scattering, the excitons scattered down to the low polariton branch cause P-emission lasing, and the excited excitons also result in a population inversion through intra-relaxation. When LO-phonon scatterings are involved, a broad optical gain spectrum is observed resulting from exciton-LO and P-LO scatterings. © 2019 Author(s).
- American Institute of Physics
- Related Researcher
Future Semiconductor Nanophotonics Laboratory
Semiconductor; Nanophotonics; Light-Matter Interaction
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceFuture Semiconductor Nanophotonics Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.