Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Fabrication of Magnetite Nanoparticle-embedded Polystyrene Composites and Their Additive Role on the Dynamic Properties of Carbonyl Iron-based Magneto-rheological Fluids
- Fabrication of Magnetite Nanoparticle-embedded Polystyrene Composites and Their Additive Role on the Dynamic Properties of Carbonyl Iron-based Magneto-rheological Fluids
- Gao, Chun Yan; Lu, Qi; Choi, Hyoung Jin; Kim, Nam-Hui; You, Chun-Yeol
- DGIST Authors
- You, Chun-Yeol
- Issue Date
- Journal of Magnetics, 24(1), 162-167
- Article Type
- Article; Proceedings Paper
- Author Keywords
- carbonyl iron; Fe3O4 composite; magnetorheological; additive
- MAGNETORHEOLOGICAL FLUIDS; PARTICLES
- Magnetic Fe 3 O 4 @polystyrene (PS) nanoscale composite particles were fabricated using a unique Shirasu porous-glass membrane technique and used as additives to a magnetorheological (MR) suspension with magnetic carbonyl-iron (CI) particles. The morphology of the fabricated Fe 3 O 4 @PS composites was characterized by transmission electron microscopy. The effects of the Fe 3 O 4 @PS composite particle additive on its MR behavior was examined using a rotation rheometer under an applied magnetic field. The results revealed improved MR behavior, such as higher storage and loss moduli, and elastic yield stress compared to those of the pure CI-based MR suspension under an external magnetic field. © The Korean Magnetics Society. All rights reserved.
- Related Researcher
Spin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab
Spintronics; Condensed Matter Physics; Magnetic Materials & Thin Films; Micromagnetic Simulations; Spin Nano-Devices
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceSpin Phenomena for Information Nano-devices(SPIN) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.