Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Tracking Accuracy of a Stereo Camera-Based Augmented Reality Navigation System for Orthognathic Surgery
- Tracking Accuracy of a Stereo Camera-Based Augmented Reality Navigation System for Orthognathic Surgery
- Ahn, Jaemyung; Choi, Hyunseok; Hong, Jaesung; Hong, Jongrak
- DGIST Authors
- Hong, Jaesung
- Issue Date
- Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 77(5)
- Article Type
- SURGICAL NAVIGATION; INTERMEDIATE WAFER; REPRODUCIBILITY; SIMULATION
- Purpose: Tracking accuracy is critical to successful augmented reality (AR) in the diagnosis and surgical correction of maxillofacial deformities. The present study investigated the tracking accuracy of an AR navigation system combined with a stereo camera during repositioning of the maxilla after a Le Fort I osteotomy using a 3-dimensional skull model and compared the tracking accuracy with that of an existing infrared (IR)-based optical tracking system (OTS). Materials and Methods: Five maxillary surgery plans were designed using a 6 degrees-of-freedom articulator that allowed maxillary movement to be set up quantitatively (target distance, 5 mm). To evaluate the accuracy of the stereo camera AR navigation system, it was compared with a commercially available and commonly used IR-based OTS. Results: The mean error was 0.0584 mm in the IR-based OTS and 0.0596 mm in the AR navigation system. The mean accuracy was 98.83% in the IR-based OTS and 98.81% in the AR navigation system. Conclusions: In this study, the stereo camera-based AR navigation system fabricated and analyzed by the authors was designed for accuracy. The experiments showed its reliability and accuracy. The hardware developed for this AR navigation system displayed accuracy similar to that of existing high-cost imported devices at a substantially lower cost. In addition to surgery, potential applications of the AR navigation system include patient communication and training for novice clinicians. © 2018 American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- W. B. Saunders Co., Ltd.
- Related Researcher
Surgical Robotics Lab
Surgical Navigation; Surgical Robot; Medical Imaging; 영상유도수술로봇; 수술네비게이션
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringSurgical Robotics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.