Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
BEAT: Beacon Inter-Reception Time Ensured Adaptive Transmission for Vehicle-to-Vehicle Safety Communication
- BEAT: Beacon Inter-Reception Time Ensured Adaptive Transmission for Vehicle-to-Vehicle Safety Communication
- Son, Sunghwa; Park, Kyung-Joon
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon
- Issue Date
- Sensors, 19(14)
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- vehicular ad hoc networks; vehicle-to-vehicle communications; safety beacon; congestion control; beacon inter-reception time
- To improve vehicle safety, vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs) periodically broadcast safety messages known as beacons. Consequently, it becomes safety critical to guarantee the timely reception of periodic beacons under the time-varying environments of VANET. However, existing approaches typically measure the packet delivery ratio, which is a time-average metric that does not consider the temporal behavior associated with beacon reception. In this paper, to properly reflect the temporal aspect of beacon reception, we propose a congestion control algorithm, Beacon inter-reception time Ensured Adaptive Transmission (BEAT). The proposed algorithm tightly regulates the beacon inter-reception time compared to conventional techniques, which can significantly improve vehicle safety. Our simulation results demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed scheme. © 2019 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland.
- MDPI AG
- Related Researcher
CSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab
Cyber-Physical Systems; 무선 센서-액츄에이터 네트워크; 스마트 팩토리
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.