Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Fabrication of High Efficiency Carbon Nanotube Thin Film Heater by Simple Spray Coating and Substrate Shrinkage Method
- Fabrication of High Efficiency Carbon Nanotube Thin Film Heater by Simple Spray Coating and Substrate Shrinkage Method
- Park, Jeonhyeong; Jang, Il Ryu; Kim, Hoe Joon
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Hoe Joon
- Issue Date
- 20th International Conference on Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems and Eurosensors XXXIII, TRANSDUCERS 2019 and EUROSENSORS XXXIII, 2392-2395
- The paper presents a flexible thin film heater based on crumpled multi-walled carbon nanotube (MWCNT) fabricated by a simple spray coating and substrate method. The innovative claims include: (1) the large increase in temperature (as high as 200%) at a given input voltage due to the decreased heat loss from CNT junctions, (2) control of the junction density (the number of junctions in a given area) controlled by substrate shrinkage, and (3) localization of temperature profiles via selective substrate shrinkage. We have fabricated the heater with various CNT amount to analyze its impact on the heater properties. The heater heating performance is characterized using an infrared (IR) camera, and the heater's temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR) is analyzed as well. All of fabricated heaters exhibit highly linear TCR up to 200 °C, showcasing that our device can be used to measure the surface temperature. Our findings suggest heating and electrical properties of CNT heaters can be optimized via substrate shrinkage, which could further improve the current state of CNT thin film heaters. © 2019 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Kim, Hoe Joon
Nano Materials and Devices Lab
MEMS/NEMS; Micro/Nano Sensors; Piezoelectric Devices; Nanomaterials; Heat Transfer; Atomic Force Microscope
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringNano Materials and Devices Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.