Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Efficient Data Broadcast Mitigation in Multisource Named-Content Discovery for Vehicular CPS
- Efficient Data Broadcast Mitigation in Multisource Named-Content Discovery for Vehicular CPS
- Bouk, Safdar Hussain; Ahmed, Syed Hassan; Park, Kyung-Joon; Eun, Yongsoon
- DGIST Authors
- Park, Kyung-Joon; Eun, Yongsoon
- Issue Date
- IEEE Communications Letters, 23(9), 1644-1647
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- NDN; VCPS; broadcast suppression; multi-source data
- Embedded systems; Content discoveries; Data broadcast; Data discovery; Data-forwarding; Multisource data; Named data networkings; Suppression method; VCPS; Vehicles
- Conventionally, a node or vehicle in the Named Data Networking (NDN) sends an interest packet to discover information and receives a single data packet in response. However, in the case of named data Vehicular Cyber-Physical System (VCPS), a vehicle may require content from multiple vehicles in the network. Therefore, NDN forwarding daemon must receive multiple data packets in response to a single interest. Moreover, the data broadcast storm worsens in the named data VCPS due to the broadcast nature of the wireless link. In this letter, we propose the data packet broadcast suppression method for any multisource content discovery in VCPS. The proposed scheme distributively selects the potential data forwarding vehicles based on the neighbor distance, node density, and the closeness to the data forwarding line of sight. Our simulation results show that the proposed scheme alleviates 55% data traffic, 17% average per-hop delay, and achieves 7% more data discovery ratio. © 1997-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Related Researcher
DSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)
Resilient control systems; Control systems with nonlinear sensors and actuators; Quasi-linear control systems; Intelligent transportation systems; Networked control systems
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSI(Cyber-Physical Systems Integration) Lab1. Journal Articles
Department of Information and Communication EngineeringDSC Lab(Dynamic Systems and Control Laboratory)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.