Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Effect of Rhus verniciflua Extract on IgE-Antigen-Mediated Allergic Reaction in Rat Basophilic Leukemic RBL-2H3 Mast Cells and Passive Cutaneous Anaphylaxis in Mice
- Effect of Rhus verniciflua Extract on IgE-Antigen-Mediated Allergic Reaction in Rat Basophilic Leukemic RBL-2H3 Mast Cells and Passive Cutaneous Anaphylaxis in Mice
- Do, Hyun Ju; Hwang, Yeo Jin; Yang, Hye Jin; Park, Kwang Il
- DGIST Authors
- Hwang, Yeo Jin
- Issue Date
- Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2019
- Article Type
- FC-EPSILON-RI; DEGRANULATION; STOKES; SYK; ADHESION; DISEASES; KINASE; IL-4
- Rhus verniciflua is widely known for its antioxidant, antibacterial, anticancer, and antiaging efficacy and α-lucosidase inhibition. This study was designed whether Rhus verniciflua extracts inhibit the IgE-antigen-mediated allergic reaction in RBL-2H3 mast cells, and it further investigated the FcϵRI- and arachidonate-signaling by which Rhus verniciflua extracts exert its antiallergic effects. IgE-antigen-sensitized RBL-2H3 mast cells were investigated for the cytotoxicity of Rhus verniciflua extracts and β-hexosaminidase release, and inflammatory mediators(e.g., TNF-α, IL-4, IL-6, histamine, and PGD2)were then assessed. Additionally, we examined expressions of genes involved in arachidonate- and FcϵRI-signaling pathway in RBL-2H3. Rhus verniciflua extracts inhibited β-hexosaminidase release and production of the inflammatory mediators in RBL-2H3. Rhus verniciflua extracts reduced amounts of histamine and expressions of FcϵRI signaling-related genes such as Lyn and Syk and phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase in mast cells. Finally, in late allergic responses, Rhus verniciflua extracts reduced PGD2 release and COX-2 and cPLA2 phosphorylation expressions from IgE-antigen-mediated mast cells. Lastly, 250-500 mg/kg RVE significantly attenuated the Ag/IgE-induced passive cutaneous anaphylaxis (PCA) reaction in mice. These findings provide novel information on the molecular mechanisms underlying the antiallergy properties of Rhus verniciflua extracts in FcϵRI-mediated allergic reaction. © 2019 Hyun Ju Do et al.
- Hindawi Limited
- Division of Biotechnology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.