Cited 3 time in
Cited 4 time in
A Fully Integrated Flexible Heterogeneous Temperature and Humidity Sensor-Based Occupancy Detection Device for Smart Office Applications
- A Fully Integrated Flexible Heterogeneous Temperature and Humidity Sensor-Based Occupancy Detection Device for Smart Office Applications
- Naqi, Muhammad; Lee, Sungho; Kwon, Hyuk-Jun; Lee, Min Goo; Kim, Minjung; Kim, Tae Whan; Shin, Hyun Kyu; Kang, Sunju; Gandla, Srinivas; Lee, Han-Seung; Ahn, Yonghan; Lee, Sanghyo; Kim, Sunkook
- DGIST Authors
- Kwon, Hyuk-Jun
- Issue Date
- Advanced Materials Technologies, 4(12), 1900619
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- energy savings; fully integrated flexible circuit; heterogeneous flexible temperature and humidity sensors; HVAC system; smart office
- THERMAL COMFORT; HOT; PLACEMENT; INFORMATION; ADAPTATION; BUILDINGS; PROFILES; SYSTEM
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in building operations have extensively gained significant interest in recent years for providing a comfortable environment and energy savings by utilizing the occupancy information of buildings. Herein, a flexible heterogeneous temperature and humidity sensor-based occupancy detection device with an integrated wireless communication system is introduced. The multichannel (three-channel) Pt-based temperature and single-channel humidity sensors afford excellent electrical conductivity, exceptional linearity, and high mechanical flexibility. The presented occupancy detection device design contains a multichannel temperature sensor, an interdigitated humidity sensor, a customized signal processing integrated circuit, a flexible battery, and a wireless communication system, which can be used to perform occupancy trials in offices. The proposed occupancy detection device is mounted on an office chair to analyze the environmental changes according to the user's activities and to address the challenge of long-term continuous monitoring of temperature and humidity for managing the energy consumption in the building operations. The presented occupancy detection device provides a new platform for introducing a flexible device system to collect the actual occupancy information and is a new step toward “smart office” applications. © 2019 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- Related Researcher
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG) - Kwon Lab.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG) - Kwon Lab.1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.