Cited 4 time in
Cited 4 time in
Enhancing Bifunctional Catalytic Activity via a Nanostructured La(Sr)Fe(Co)O3-@Pd Matrix as an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Li-O2 Batteries
- Enhancing Bifunctional Catalytic Activity via a Nanostructured La(Sr)Fe(Co)O3-@Pd Matrix as an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Li-O2 Batteries
- Oh, Mi Young; Kim, Jung Hyun; Lee, Young Wook; Kim, Kyeong Joon; Shin, Hong Rim; Park, Hyeokjun; Lee, Kang Taek; Kang, Kisuk; Shin, Tae Ho
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Kang Taek
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2(12), 8633-8640
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- bifunctional effect; Nano-LSCF@Pd matrix; electrocatalyst; lithium ion battery; oxygen evolution reaction (OER); oxygen reduction reaction (ORR)
- DESIGN; OXYGEN REDUCTION REACTION; CATHODE; METAL; NANOFIBERS; PD; NANOPARTICLES; CARBON; ELECTRODE; FACILE
- One of the important challenges with a bifunctional electrocatalyst is reducing the large overpotential involved in the slow kinetics of the oxygen evolution reaction (OER) and oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) at the air electrode in a metal-air redox battery. Here, we present a nanostructured LSCF@Pd matrix of nanostructured LSCF (Nano-LSCF) with palladium to enhance the bifunctional catalytic activity in Li-O2 battery applications. Pd nanoparticles can be perfectly supported on the surface of the Nano-LSCF, and the ORR catalytic activity was properly improved. When Nano-LSCF@Pd was applied to a cathode catalyst in Li-O2 batteries, the first discharge ability (16912 mA h g-1) was higher than that of Nano-LSCF (6707 mA h g-1) and the cycling property improved. These results demonstrate that the Pd-deposited nanostructured perovskite is a capable catalyst to enhance the ORR activity of LSCF as a promising bifunctional electrocatalyst. Copyright © 2019 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAECSL(Advanced Energy Conversion and Storage Lab)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.