Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
A Simplified Estimation of Abnormal Reflex Torque due to Elbow Spasticity Using Neuro-musculoskeletal Model
- A Simplified Estimation of Abnormal Reflex Torque due to Elbow Spasticity Using Neuro-musculoskeletal Model
- Sung, Joohwan; Choi, Seoyoung; Kim, Junyoung; Kim, Jonghyun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Jonghyun
- Issue Date
- 41st Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC 2019, 5076-5079
- This paper is to develop a simplified estimation method of internal torque for clinical use, such as spasticity assessment. Compared with many parameters to be tuned, the proposed estimation method only has a single tuning parameter by simplifying the neuro-musculoskeletal model. Moreover, based on forward dynamics, the proposed method uses EMG signals as the input, and uses muscle activation dynamics and musculotendon dynamics to calculate internal torque. A biomechanical method based on dynamometer was applied to determine the tuning parameter and to validate the estimation result of the proposed model. Through a pilot study with healthy subjects and stroke patients, we found that the proposed estimation method would be helpful for spasticity assessment. © 2019 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringREL(Rehabilitation Engineering Laboratory)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.