Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
PCStream: Automatic Stream Allocation Using Program Contexts
- PCStream: Automatic Stream Allocation Using Program Contexts
- Kim, Taejin; Hahn, Shane Sangwook; Lee, Sungjin; Hwang, Jooyoung; Lee, Jongyoul; Kim, Jihong
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Sungjin
- Issue Date
- 10th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems, HotStorage 2018, co-located with USENIX ATC 2018
- We propose a fully automatic stream management technique, called PCStream, for multi-streamed SSDs. PCStream is based on our observation that data lifetimes can be reliably predicted using write program contexts. By extracting program contexts during runtime, PCStream automates the data-to-stream mapping. When data mapped to the same stream show large differences in their lifetimes, PCStream moves the long-lived data of the current stream to its substream during garbage collection. Our experimental results show that PCStream can reduce the garbage collection overhead as much as a highly-optimized manual stream management technique while no code modification is necessary. © USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems, HotStorage 2018, co-located with USENIX ATC 2018.All right reserved.
- USENIX Association
- Related Researcher
Data-Intensive Computing Systems Laboratory
Computer System, System Software, Storage System, Non-volatile Memory, Flash-based SSD, Distributed Storage Systems
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringData-Intensive Computing Systems Laboratory2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.