Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Switching Position-Torque Control for Series Elastic Actuators with Disturbance Observer
- Switching Position-Torque Control for Series Elastic Actuators with Disturbance Observer
- Jo, Minjae; Lee, Hyunwook; Oh, Sehoon
- DGIST Authors
- Oh, Sehoon
- Issue Date
- 45th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON 2019, 3653-3658
- This paper proposes a novel switch control for the series elastic actuator (SEA). This switch control provides more robust position control along with better impulse dissipation performance. SEA is an actuator technology commonly used in robotic applications that require safe and precise interaction control. The SEA has built-in spring elements to inherently measure or estimate the transmitted force. It is often used for the application where the relevant action between motion and force is needed. The switching problem between position and torque control is one of the major issues, especially in situations where both position and torque information are critical, such as collisions. To deal with this problem, we discuss the conventional switching method and suggest a new method. Besides, this paper describes the criteria for comparing and analyzing them and presents a new approach that utilizes the concept of power to evaluate the performance of switching algorithms. © 2019 IEEE.
- IEEE Computer Society
- Related Researcher
MCL(Motion Control Lab)
Research on Human-friendly motion control; Development of human assistance;rehabilitation system; Design of robotic system based on human musculoskeletal system; Analysis of human walking dynamics and its application to robotics; 친인간적인 운동제어 설계연구; 인간 보조;재활 시스템의 설계 및 개발연구; 인간 근골격계에 기초한 로봇기구 개발연구; 보행운동 분석과 모델 및 로봇기구에의 응용
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringMCL(Motion Control Lab)2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.