Cited 1 time in
Cited 2 time in
Fabrication of AlGaN/GaN Fin-Type HEMT Using a Novel T-Gate Process for Improved Radio-Frequency Performance
- Fabrication of AlGaN/GaN Fin-Type HEMT Using a Novel T-Gate Process for Improved Radio-Frequency Performance
- Cho, Min Su; Seo, Jae Hwa; Lee, Sang Ho; Jang, Hwan Soo; Kang, In Man
- Issue Date
- IEEE Access, 8, 139156-139160
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- E-beam lithography; maximum oscillation frequency; FinFET; Gallium compounds; nanofabrication; nanolithography; high electron mobility transistor; T-gate
- LINEARITY; IMPACT; F(T)
- To increase the radio-frequency (RF) performance of AlGaN/GaN-based fin-type high electron mobility transistors (HEMTs), a novel T-gate process was developed and applied to fabricate a device with high RF performance. In a single lithography process, the applied T-gate process shows a technique for forming a T-gate using the reactivity difference of several photoresists. The fabricated device has a steep fin width (W-fin) of 130 nm, a fin height (H-fin) of 250 nm, and a gate length (L-G) of 190 nm. The device exhibits a low leakage current (I-off) of 6.6 x 10(-10) A/mm and a high I-on/I-off current ratio of 4.7 x 10(8). Moreover, the fabricated device achieved a high cut-off frequency (f(T)) of 9.7 GHz and a very high maximum oscillation frequency (f(max)) of 27.8 GHz. The f(max) value of the proposed device is 138% higher than that of GaN-based fin-type HEMTs without T-gate.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.