Cited 2 time in
Cited 3 time in
Tlr2 and the nlrp3 inflammasome mediate il-1β production in prevotella nigrescens-infected dendritic cells
- Tlr2 and the nlrp3 inflammasome mediate il-1β production in prevotella nigrescens-infected dendritic cells
- Jang, Hye-Mi; Park, Ji-Yeon; Lee, Yeon-Ji; Kang, Min-Jung; Jo, Sung-Gang; Jeong, Yu-Jin; Cho, Nam-Pyo; Cho, Sung-Dae; Kim, Dong-Jae; Park, Jong-Hwan
- Issue Date
- International Journal of Medical Sciences, 18(2), 432-440
- Article Type
- Author Keywords
- Prevotella nigrescens; IL-1 beta; TLR2; NLRP3 inflammasome; BMDCs
- TOLL-LIKE RECEPTORS; AGGREGATIBACTER-ACTINOMYCETEMCOMITANS; FUSOBACTERIUM-NUCLEATUM; P2X7 RECEPTOR; ACTIVATION; INTERLEUKIN-1-BETA; CASPASE-1; SECRETION; FLAGELLIN; DISEASE
- Prevotella nigrescens is an oral pathogen that is frequently observed in the subgingival plaque of periodontitis patients. Interleukin-1β (IL-1β) is known to be involved in the immunopathology of periodontal diseases and has been implicated in the destruction of bone. In this study, we investigated the mechanism of IL-1β production by P. nigrescens in murine bone marrow-derived dendritic cells (BMDCs). Our results showed that a host receptor, Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2), but not TLR4 is required for pro-IL-1β induction and nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain like receptor pyrin domain containing 3 (NLRP3) priming in BMDCs in response to P. nigrescens and activation of the NLRP3 inflammasome is necessary for processing of pro-IL-1β into mature IL-1β. In addition, an inhibitor assay revealed that production of reactive oxygen species, P2X7R activity, and release of cathepsin B are involved in IL-1β production in BMDCs in response to P. nigrescens. © The author(s).
- Ivyspring International Publisher
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.