Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
UV-Curable Polymer-QD Flexible Films as the Downconversion Layer for Improved Performance of Cu(In,Ga)Se2Solar Cells
- UV-Curable Polymer-QD Flexible Films as the Downconversion Layer for Improved Performance of Cu(In,Ga)Se2Solar Cells
- Nazim, Mohammed; Kim, Byungwoo; Lee, Sangwook; Min, Byoung Koun; Kim, Jae Hyun
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Jae Hyun
- Issue Date
- Energy and Fuels, 34(11), 14581-14590
- Article Type
- Graphene quantum dots; Layered semiconductors; Light; Nanocomposite films; Adhesives; Ultra-violet light; Ultraviolet curable; UV curable polymer; Quantum efficiency; Copper compounds; Curing; Gallium compounds; Graphene; Nanocrystals; Photons; Polymer films; Semiconductor quantum dots; Solar cells; Thin films; External quantum efficiency; Functionalized graphene; High energy photons; Low energy photons; Relative performance
- The downconversion process effectively traps high-energy photons of ultraviolet light and converts them into low-energy photons for utilization in solar cells. In this work, transparent, highly emissive, ultraviolet (UV)-curable nitrogen-functionalized graphene quantum dot-dispersed Norland Optical Adhesive (NOA) nanocomposite (herein denoted as poly-QD film) flexible films were applied as luminescent downconversion (LDC) layers to boost the efficiency of copper indium gallium selenide solar cells. The N-graphene quantum dots (GQDs) were embedded into clear, colorless UV-curable NOA polymer matrices via the clickreaction of thiol-ene components under UV light at room temperature. The best poly-QD film showed a high emission peak of >500 nm and improved external quantum efficiency in the high-energy solar spectrum, resulting in the highest efficiency of ∼9.70% (compared to 8.77% for bare cells), which triggered an ∼10.60% relative performance increment compared to bare copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) solar cells. Hence, the overall CIGS solar cell performance enhancement caused mainly by Jsc improvement of ∼9.06% (relative enhancement) due to efficient trapping of short-wavelength photons. As-prepared poly-QD films were applied as LDC layers, which significantly boost quantum efficiency in short-wavelength spectra. © 2020 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
Kim, Jae Hyun
에너지, 배터리, 고체전해질, 태양전지, 전기차, 리튬이온배터리
There are no files associated with this item.
- Division of Energy Technology1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.