Cited 0 time in
Cited 3 time in
SPRINTER: A Fast n-ary Join Query Processing Method for Complex OLAP Queries
- SPRINTER: A Fast n-ary Join Query Processing Method for Complex OLAP Queries
- Nam, Yoon-Min; Han, Donghyoung; Kim M.-S.K.
- DGIST Authors
- Kim M.-S.K.
- Issue Date
- 2020 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data, SIGMOD 2020, 2055-2070
- The concept of OLAP query processing is now being widely adopted in various applications. The number of complex queries containing the joins between non-unique keys (called FK-FK joins) increases in those applications. However, the existing in-memory OLAP systems tend not to handle such complex queries efficiently since they generate a large amount of intermediate results or incur a huge amount of probe cost. In this paper, we propose an effective query planning method for complex OLAP queries. It generates a query plan containing n-ary join operators based on a cost model. The plan does not generate intermediate results for processing FK-FK joins and significantly reduces the probe cost. We also propose an efficient processing method for n-ary join operators. We implement the prototype system SPRINTER by integrating our proposed methods into an open-source in-memory OLAP system. Through experiments using the TPC-DS benchmark, we have shown that SPRINTER outperforms the state-of-the-art OLAP systems for complex queries. © 2020 Association for Computing Machinery.
- Association for Computing Machinery
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringInfoLab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.