Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Swap: A Replacement-based Text Revision Technique for Mobile Devices
- Swap: A Replacement-based Text Revision Technique for Mobile Devices
- Li, Yang; Sarcar, Sayan; Kim, Sunjun; Ren, Xiangshi
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, Sunjun
- Issue Date
- 2020 ACM CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI 2020
- Text revision is an important task to ensure the accuracy of text content. Revising text on mobile devices is cumbersome and time-consuming due to the imprecise caret control and the repetitive use of the backspace. We present Swap, a novel replacement-based technique to facilitate text revision on mobile devices. We conducted two user studies to validate the feasibility and the effectiveness of Swap compared to traditional text revision techniques. Results showed that Swap reduced efforts in caret control and repetitive backspace pressing during the text revision process. Most participants preferred to use the replacement-based technique rather than backspace and caret. They also commented that the new technique is easy to learn, and it makes text revision rapid and intuitive. © 2020 ACM.
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Related Researcher
Smart Input Device Laboratory
Human Computer Interaction; Text Entry; Touch screen; Pointing
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringSmart Input Device Laboratory2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.