Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Color Polymer-Stabilized Liquid Crystal for the Optical Shutter with Fast Response Time
- Color Polymer-Stabilized Liquid Crystal for the Optical Shutter with Fast Response Time
- Hwang, KY[Hwang, Kyu Young]; Lee, GH[Lee, Gae Hwang]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]; Jin, YW[Jin, Yong Wan]; Jung, JE[Jung, Jae Eun]; Lee, SY[Lee, Sang Yoon]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]
- Issue Date
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 50(8)
- Article Type
- Color; Combined Effect; Crystal Structure; Fast Response Time; Flexible Displays; Liquid Crystals; Moving Image; Optical Equipment; Optical Shutters; Polymer Stabilized Liquid Crystals; Polymers; Reflection; Reflective Devices; Simple Structures; Speed Response
- A color-reflective optical shutter structure has been studied using polymer-stabilized liquid crystal (PSLC) devices with a specular reflector. The combined effect of an LC, a polymer, a color dye, and a specular reflector results in a high performance of a reflective-mode optical shutter as well as of a simple structure with a fast response time capable of smooth moving images. The reflectance is up to 40%, one of highest for reflective devices, whose response times are fast enough to provide video speed response (<16.6ms). This effective and simple shutter concept can be applied in reflective-mode flexible displays and optical equipment with high performance. © 2011 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
Nanoelectroinc device; 생체 신호 센싱 시스템 및 생체 모방 디바이스; 나노 통신 디바이스
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.