Cited 20 time in
Cited 27 time in
Characteristics of color optical shutter with dye-doped polymer network liquid crystal
- Characteristics of color optical shutter with dye-doped polymer network liquid crystal
- Lee, GH[Lee, Gae Hwang]; Hwang, KY[Hwang, Kyu Young]; Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]; Jin, YW[Jin, Yong Wan]; Lee, SY[Lee, Sang Soo]; Jung, JE[Jung, Jae Eun]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, JE[Jang, Jae Eun]
- Issue Date
- Optics Letters, 36(5), 754-756
- Article Type
- Absorption; Angle Dependence; Bias Conditions; Dichroic Dyes; Dye-Doped Polymer; Dye Absorption; Dye Doped Liquid Crystal; Light Scattering; Liquid Crystals; Optical Instruments; Optical Properties; Optical Shutters; Path Length; Polymer Composite; Polymer Networks; Polymers; Reflection; Scattering Co-Efficient; Theoretical Prediction; Thickness Dependence
- The optical properties and the theoretical prediction of color optical shutter with dye-doped polymer network liquid crystal (PNLC) were investigated. The view-angle dependence of reflectance according to the bias conditions showed distinctive characteristics, which could be explained from the effects of dye absorption and path length. It was also shown that the thickness dependence of reflectance was strongly influenced by the light-scattering coefficient. Our experimental results matched up well with the theoretical prediction based on the light scattering of liquid crystals in polymer network and the absorption of dichroic dye. This work indicates potential to improve the optical device using dye-doped liquid crystal-polymer composite. © 2011 Optical Society of America.
- OSA - The Optical Society
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
Nanoelectroinc device; 생체 신호 센싱 시스템 및 생체 모방 디바이스; 나노 통신 디바이스
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.