Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Nano-patterned SU-8 surface using nanosphere-lithography for enhanced neuronal cell growth
- Nano-patterned SU-8 surface using nanosphere-lithography for enhanced neuronal cell growth
- Kim, Eunhee; Yoo, Seung-Jun; Kim, Eunjung; Kwon, Tae-Hwan; Zhang, Li; Moon, Cheil; Choi, Hongsoo
- DGIST Authors
- Moon, Cheil; Choi, Hongsoo
- Issue Date
- Nanotechnology, 27(17)
- Article Type
- Amino Acids; Cell Culture; Cell Culture Mediums; Cells; Cytology; Extracellular Matrices; Implants (Surgical); Lithography; Nano-Patterned; Nano-Scale Surfaces; Nano Sphere Lithography; Nanosphere Lithography (NSl); Nanospheres; Neurite Outgrowth; Neuronal Development; Neurons; Plastic Coatings; Polystyrene Nanoparticles; Surface Modification; Surface Treatment
- Mimicking the nanoscale surface texture of the extracellular matrix can affect the regulation of cellular behavior, including adhesion, differentiation, and neurite outgrowth. In this study, SU-8-based polymer surfaces with well-ordered nanowell arrays were fabricated using nanosphere lithography with polystyrene nanoparticles. We show that the SU-8 surface with nanowells resulted in similar neuronal development of rat pheochromocytoma (PC12) cells compared with an unpatterned poly-L-lysine (PLL)-coated SU-8 surface. Additionally, even after soaking the substrate in cell culture medium for two weeks, cells on the nanowell SU-8 surface showed long-term neurite outgrowth compared to cells on the PLL-coated SU-8 surface. The topographical surface modification of the nanowell array demonstrates potential as a replacement for cell adhesive material coatings such as PLL, for applications requiring long-term use of polymer-based implantable devices. © 2016 IOP Publishing Ltd.
- Institute of Physics Publishing
- Related Researcher
Brain convergent science based on chemical senses; olfaction; 감각신경계 기반 뇌융합과학; 후각 신경계
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Brain and Cognitive SciencesMoon Lab1. Journal Articles
Department of Robotics EngineeringBio-Micro Robotics Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.