Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
Imaging a specific mRNA in pollen with atomic force microscopy
- Imaging a specific mRNA in pollen with atomic force microscopy
- Kim, JS[Kim, Jung Sook]; Park, YS[Park, Yu Shin]; Nam, HG[Nam, Hong Gil]; Park, JW[Park, Joon Won]
- DGIST Authors
- Park, YS[Park, Yu Shin]; Nam, HG[Nam, Hong Gil]
- Issue Date
- RSC Advances, 5(24), 18858-18865
- Article Type
- Ammonium Transporters; Arabidopsis; Atomic Force Microscopy; Cellular Function; Dendron Molecules; Facile Detection; Interaction Forces; Intracellular Localization; Mobile Security; Molecules; Nucleic Acids; Oligonucleotides; Single Molecule Level
- Intracellular localization of RNA is important in regulating various cellular functions. Here, we determined the intracellular localization of the ammonium transporter (AtAMT1;4) mRNA in the sperm cells of Arabidopsis pollen by atomic force microscopy (AFM). The AFM probe was modified with cone-shaped dendron molecules, and an oligonucleotide complementary to the mRNA was attached to the apex. This configuration allowed facile detection of the mRNA within a sectioned pollen cell at the single-molecule level by measuring the mRNA-oligonucleotide interaction force. The AtAMT1;4 mRNA was largely localized in the nucleus rather than the cytosol of the sperm cells. © The Royal Society of Chemistry. 2015.
- Royal Society of Chemistry
- Related Researcher
Nam, Hong Gil
CBRG(Complex Biology Research Group)
Plant Aging and Life History; Systems Biology; Complexbiology; Comparative Aging Research
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of New BiologyCBRG(Complex Biology Research Group)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.