Cited 0 time in
Cited 5 time in
The improvement of polymerization characteristics for reflective dye-doped polymer dispersed liquid crystal (PDLC) display
- The improvement of polymerization characteristics for reflective dye-doped polymer dispersed liquid crystal (PDLC) display
- Jung, J.E.[Jung, Jae Eun]; Lee, G.H.[Lee, Gae Hwang]; Jang, J.E.[Jang, Jae Eun]; Hwang, K.Y.[Hwang, Kyu Young]; Ahmad, F.[Ahmad, Farzana]; Jamil, M.[Jamil, Muhammad Mahadi Abdul]; Lee, J.W.[Lee, Jin Woo]; Jeon, Y.J.[Jeon, Young Jae]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, J.E.[Jang, Jae Eun]
- Issue Date
- Advanced Science Letters, 18(1), 225-229
- Article Type
- Dichroic Dye; Electro-Optical Properties; Phase Separation; Reflective Type Dye Doped Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (DD-PDLC)
- The addition of dichroic dye to liquid crystal (LC) display makes an optical shutter easily without polarizer. However, the dichroic dye induces one significant problem an inadequate contrast. The general reason for this is the less available UV light for polymerization due to absorption of UV light by trapped dye molecules in polymer matrix. This problem results into accumulation of residual pre-polymer molecules and induces slow polymerization that produces larger droplet size for LCs. This in turns produces insignificant electro-optical properties for dye-PDLC display. Our strategy proposed a new way to overcome this difficulty by adjusting the some factors, e.g., pre-polymer, initiator contents and curing time. © 2012 American Scientific Publishers.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
Jang, Jae Eun
Advanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)
Nanoelectroinc device; 생체 신호 센싱 시스템 및 생체 모방 디바이스; 나노 통신 디바이스
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringAdvanced Electronic Devices Research Group(AEDRG)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.