Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Electrochemical synthesis of co-rich nanowires for barcodes
- Electrochemical synthesis of co-rich nanowires for barcodes
- Torati, Sri Ramulu; Hu, Xinghao; Yoon, Seok Soo; Kim, CheolGi
- DGIST Authors
- Torati, Sri Ramulu; Kim, CheolGi
- Issue Date
- IEEE Magnetics Letters, 8
- Article Type
- Bar Codes; Coercivity and Remanences; Electrochemical Deposition; Electrochemical Synthesis; Finite-Element Method; Finite Element Analysis; Gold; Magnetic Fields; Magnetic Hysteresis; Magnetic Nanowires; Magnetism; Magnetometers; Multiplexing; Nanowires; Platinum; Polycarbonate Membranes; Reduction; Spatial Variations; Stray Magnetic Fields
- We synthesized three types of magnetic nanowires (Co-Ni-P, Co-Pt-P, and Co-Fe-P) by electrochemical deposition in polycarbonate membranes for use in magnetic barcodes. The nanowires were about 50 nm in diameter and 6 μm in length. The Co-Pt-P nanowires had the highest coercivity and remanence. We used finite elements to calculate the spatial distribution of the stray magnetic fields produced by the barcodes. The Co-Pt-P had the greatest spatial variation which makes it the best composition for the hard magnetic segment of barcode nanowires. These barcode nanowires may be used for magnetic multiplexing detection. © 2010-2012 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceETC1. Journal Articles
Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.