Cited 2 time in
Cited 1 time in
Structural and Magnetic Characterizations of Ni-Zn-Co Ferrite Nanoparticles Synthesized by Sol-Gel Autocombustion Method
- Structural and Magnetic Characterizations of Ni-Zn-Co Ferrite Nanoparticles Synthesized by Sol-Gel Autocombustion Method
- Ramesh, S[Ramesh, S.]; Dhanalakshmi, B[Dhanalakshmi, B.]; Sekhar, BC[Sekhar, B. Chandra]; Rao, PSVS[Rao, P. S. V. Subba]; Rao, BP[Rao, B. Parvatheeswara]; Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, C[Kim, CheolGi]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 16(10), 11094-11098
- Article Type
- Cobalt Compounds; Cubic Spinel Structure; Electron Micrograph; Ferrite; Ferrite Nanoparticles; Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy; High Resolution Transmission Electron Microscopy; Magnetic Characterization; Magnetic Moments; Magnetic Properties; Magnetism; Nanomagnetics; Nanoparticles; Nickel; Particle Size; Saturation Magnetization; Sol-Gel Auto-Combustion; Sol-Gel Autocombustion; Sol-Gel Process; Sol-Gels; Stretching; Stretching Vibrations; Structural and Magnetic Properties; Structural Modifications; Synthesis (Chemical); Thermoanalysis; Transmission Electron Microscopy; X Ray Analysis; Zinc
- Cobalt substituted Ni-Zn ferrite nanoparticles with the formula, Ni0.4Zn0.6-xCoxFe2O4, where x varies from 0.00 to 0.25 in steps of 0.05, were prepared by sol-gel autocombustion method and analyzed for their structural and magnetic properties. The synthesized nanoparticles were subjected to X-ray analysis, transmission electron microscopy, Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy, thermal analysis and magnetic measurements. The X-ray patterns confirm cubic spinel structures with the crystallite sizes in the range from 31.72 nm to 36.87 nm. The particle sizes estimated using electron micrographs are in good agreement with the crystallite sizes obtained from the X-ray data. Infrared data confirms the spinel structure by showing FeA-O and FeB-O stretching vibrations while the thermal data hints at a slight weight gain due to oxidation. The obtained magnetic data suggests a marginal increase in saturation magnetization with the Co substitution at x = 0.10 and 0.25. The results are analyzed in terms of the compositional and structural modifications, and it was found that the variation of magnetic moment was governed by a corresponding change in the oxygen positional parameter in these materials. Copyright © 2016 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
Lab for NanoBio-MatErials & SpinTronics(nBEST)
Magnetic Materials and Spintronics; Converging Technology of Nanomaterials and Biomaterials; Bio-NEMS;MEMS
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceLab for NanoBio-Materials & SpinTronics(nBEST)1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.