Cited 7 time in
Cited 8 time in
Al(In)N/GaN Fin-Type HEMT With Very-Low Leakage Current and Enhanced I-V Characteristic for Switching Applications
- Al(In)N/GaN Fin-Type HEMT With Very-Low Leakage Current and Enhanced I-V Characteristic for Switching Applications
- Seo, JH[Seo, Jae Hwa]; Jo, YW[Jo, Young-Woo]; Yoon, YJ[Yoon, Young Jun]; Son, DH[Son, Dong-Hyeok]; Won, CH[Won, Chul-Ho]; Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]; Kang, IM[Kang, In Man]; Lee, JH[Lee, Jung-Hee]
- DGIST Authors
- Jang, HS[Jang, Hwan Soo]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Electron Device Letters, 37(7), 855-858
- Article Type
- Al(In)N/Gan; Aluminum; Cutoff Frequency; Device Characteristics; Drain-Induced Barrier Lowering; Drain Current; Electron Mobility; Field Effect Transistors; Finfet; Fins (Heat Exchange); High Electron Mobility Transistor (Hemt); High Electron Mobility Transistors; I-V Characteristics; Leakage Current; Leakage Currents; Low-Leakage Current; MOS Devices; Short-Channel Effect; Short-Channel Effects (SCEs); Switching Applications; TMAH Solution
- Superior device characteristics have been demonstrated with a novel Al(In)N/GaN-based steep fin-type high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) with a fin width (Wfin) of 120 nm, a fin height (Hfin) of 250 nm, and a gate length (LG) of 200 nm. The proposed device achieved very low drain leakage (Ioff) < 8 × 10-8 A/mm at 7 V and < 1 × 10-6 A/mm at 100 V, which is four orders of improvement over IOFF of conventional Al(In)N/GaN HEMTs. In addition, the device exhibits a high ON-state current (ION) of 1.12 A/mm, a steep sub-threshold swing (S) of 63 mV/decade, a low drain-induced barrier lowering of 18.5 mV/V, and a high power-gain cutoff frequency (fT) of 21 GHz. © 2016 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.