Cited 47 time in
Cited 49 time in
Zinc-Air Battery: Understanding the Structure and Morphology Changes of Graphene-Supported CoMn2O4 Bifunctional Catalysts Under Practical Rechargeable Conditions
- Zinc-Air Battery: Understanding the Structure and Morphology Changes of Graphene-Supported CoMn2O4 Bifunctional Catalysts Under Practical Rechargeable Conditions
- Prabu, Moni; Ramakrishnan, Prakash; Nara, Hiroki; Momma, Toshiyuki; Osaka, Tetsuya; Shanmugam, Sangaraju
- DGIST Authors
- Ramakrishnan, Prakash; Shanmugam, Sangaraju
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 6(19), 16545-16555
- Article Type
- Ambient Condition; Bi-Functional Catalyst; Structural Stability; Surface Morphology; Zinc-Air Battery
- Nitrogen-doped/undoped thermally reduced graphene oxide (N-rGO) decorated with CoMn2O4 (CMO) nanoparticles were synthesized using a simple one-step hydrothermal method. The activity and stability of this hybrid catalyst were evaluated by preparing air electrodes with both primary and rechargeable zinc-air batteries that consume ambient air. Further, we investigated the relationship between the physical properties and the electrochemical results for hybrid electrodes at various cycles using X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, galvanodynamic charge-discharging and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy. The structural, morphological and electrocatalytic performances confirm that CMO/N-rGO is a promising material for safe, reliable, and long-lasting air cathodes for both primary and rechargeable zinc-air batteries that consume air under ambient condition. © 2014 American Chemical Society.
- American Chemical Society
- Related Researcher
Li-ion & solid state batteries; hybrid capacitors/ li-ion capacitors; metal-air-batteries; supercapacitors
There are no files associated with this item.
- Smart Textile Convergence Research Group1. Journal Articles
Department of Energy Science and EngineeringAdvanced Energy Materials Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.