Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Synthesis and characterization of conjugated copolymers, and their color tuning with molecular microstructure
- Synthesis and characterization of conjugated copolymers, and their color tuning with molecular microstructure
- Han, Yoon Soo; Kwon, Younghwan; Park, Lee Soon
- DGIST Authors
- Han, Yoon Soo
- Issue Date
- Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 459(1), 141-153
- Article Type
- Alkoxyphenylene Vinylene; Aromatic Polymers; Color Coordinates; Light-Emitting Diodes; Microstructure; Phenylene Vinylene; Polymer Light-Emitting Diode (PLED); Reaction Kinetics; Synthesis (Chemical)
- Poly(2-methoxy-5-(2-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene vinylene-co-1,4-phenylene vinylene) (MEH-R) and poly(2-methoxy-5-(2-ethylhexyloxy)-1,4-phenylene vinylene-alt-1,4-phenylene vinylene) (MEH-A50) containing phenylene vinylene (PV) unit and alkoxyphenylene vinylene (MEHPV) unit in the main chain were synthesized by the dehydrohalogenation and Honer-Emmons reaction using potassium t-butoxide, respectively. Single layer polymer light-emitting diodes (PLEDs) were fabricated with synthesized conjugated copolymers as emitting layers, and their emission properties were compared with PPV and MEH-PPV homopolymers. UV-Visible absorption and EL spectra of MEH-Rs were blue-shifted as increasing the amount of PV unit in the main chain. Color coordinates of single layer PLEDs made with the conjugated copolymers were compared with those of standard red, green, blue, and white established by NTSC. Color coordinates of single layer PLEDs made with MEH-Rs and MEH-A50 were shifted from red (MEH-PPV) to green region (PPV) as increasing PV unit in the main chain.
- Taylor and Francis Ltd.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.