Cited 132 time in
Cited 152 time in
A review of lithium and non-lithium based solid state batteries
- A review of lithium and non-lithium based solid state batteries
- Kim, Joo Gon; Son, Byung Rak; Mukherjee, Santanu; Schuppert, Nicholas; Bates, Alex; Kwon, O Sung; Choi, Moon Jong; Chung, Hyun Yeol; Park, Sam
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Byung Rak
- Issue Date
- Journal of Power Sources, 282, 299-322
- Article Type
- All-Solid-State Lithium Ion Batteries; All-Solid State Batteries; Automobile Electronic Equipment; Commercial Applications; Electric Batteries; Electrolytes; Electronic Equipment; Intelligent Agents; Laptop Computers; Liquids; Lithiation/Delithiation; Lithium; Lithium-Ion Batteries; Lithium Alloys; Lithium Based Batteries; Lithium Batteries; Lithium Compounds; Mobile Phones; Oscillators (Electronic); Polyelectrolytes; Schematic Diagrams; Secondary Batteries; Solid-State Devices; Solid-State Electrolyte; Solid Electrodes; Solid Electrolytes; Solid State Batteries; Tabular Representations
- Conventional lithium-ion liquid-electrolyte batteries are widely used in portable electronic equipment such as laptop computers, cell phones, and electric vehicles; however, they have several drawbacks, including expensive sealing agents and inherent hazards of fire and leakages. All solid state batteries utilize solid state electrolytes to overcome the safety issues of liquid electrolytes. Drawbacks for all-solid state lithium-ion batteries include high resistance at ambient temperatures and design intricacies. This paper is a comprehensive review of all aspects of solid state batteries: their design, the materials used, and a detailed literature review of various important advances made in research. The paper exhaustively studies lithium based solid state batteries, as they are the most prevalent, but also considers non-lithium based systems. Non-lithium based solid state batteries are attaining widespread commercial applications, as are also lithium based polymeric solid state electrolytes. Tabular representations and schematic diagrams are provided to underscore the unique characteristics of solid state batteries and their capacity to occupy a niche in the alternative energy sector. © 2015 Elsevier B.V.
- Elsevier B.V.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.