Cited 1 time in
Cited 1 time in
Energy shell structure in a dielectric elliptic microcavity
- Energy shell structure in a dielectric elliptic microcavity
- Yi, CH[Yi, Chang-Hwan]; Yu, HH[Yu, Hyeon-Hye]; Lee, JW[Lee, Ji-Won]; Kim, JH[Kim, Ji-Hwan]; Kim, CM[Kim, Chil-Min]
- DGIST Authors
- Yi, CH[Yi, Chang-Hwan]; Lee, JW[Lee, Ji-Won]; Kim, JH[Kim, Ji-Hwan]; Kim, CM[Kim, Chil-Min]
- Issue Date
- Physical Review E: Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, 93(1)
- Article Type
- Analytic Calculations; Bifurcation Behavior; Chaos Theory; Eigenvalues and Eigenfunctions; Einstein-Brillouin-Keller; Energy Shells; Microcavities; Numerical Methods; Periodic Orbits; Periodic Structures; Phase Factor; Stationary State; Wave Numbers
- An energy shell structure depending on eccentricity is analyzed in a dielectric elliptic microcavity. Through the analysis, it is explicated that the energy shell structure is governed by classical constant actions of periodic orbits. For clarification, the relation between dominances of the periodic orbits and bifurcation behaviors are obtained and the length spectra based on eigenvalues computed by a numerical method are compared with the exact lengths of the periodic orbits obtained by analytic calculations. By matching effective wave numbers obtained from the periodic orbit lengths to exact wave numbers of stationary states in closed and open cavities, we find deviations provoked from the openness. We show that these deviations are caused by additional phase factors in the Einstein-Brillouin-Keller quantization. © 2016 American Physical Society.
- American Physical Society
- Related Researcher
Kim, Chil Min
Micro Laser Laboratory
Laser; Nonlinear Dynamics; Quantum Chaos; Microcavity Laser
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Emerging Materials ScienceMicro Laser Laboratory1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.