Cited 0 time in
Cited 6 time in
Molecular Design and Photovoltaic Performance of Organic Dyes Containing Phenothiazine for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Molecular Design and Photovoltaic Performance of Organic Dyes Containing Phenothiazine for Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells
- Jo, HJ[Jo, Hyo Jeong]; Nam, JE[Nam, Jung Eun]; Sim, K[Sim, Kyoseung]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Kim, JH[Kim, Jae Hong]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]
- DGIST Authors
- Jo, HJ[Jo, Hyo Jeong]; Nam, JE[Nam, Jung Eun]; Sim, K[Sim, Kyoseung]; Kim, DH[Kim, Dae-Hwan]; Kang, JK[Kang, Jin-Kyu]
- Issue Date
- Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 14(10), 7938-7942
- Article Type
- Absorption, Radiation; Chemistry; Chromophores; Coloring Agent; Coloring Agents; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell; Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells (DSCs); Dyes; Electric Power Supplies; Electrochemistry; Electrolytes; Electromagnetic Wave Absorption; Electron Acceptor; Fluorine; Fluorine-Substituted Phenothiazine Dyes; Impedance Analysis; Insecticides; Light; Light Absorption; Light Related Phenomena; Molar Extinction Coefficient; Optical Processes; Organic Dye; Organic Dyes; Phenothiazine; Phenothiazine Derivative; Phenothiazines; Photosensitizers; Photovoltaic Effects; Photovoltaic Performance; Photovoltaic Property; Power Conversion Efficiencies; Power Supply; Radiation Absorption; Recombination Kinetics; Solar Cells; Solar Energy; Solar Power Generation
- We synthesized novel organic photosensitizers based on fluorine-substituted phenothiazine with thiophene bridge units in the chromophore for application in dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). Furthermore, organic dyes with different acceptors exhibited higher molar extinction coefficients, and better light absorption at longer wavelengths. The photovoltaic properties of organic dyes composed of different acceptors in their chromophores were measured to identify their effects on the DSSC performance. The organic dye, PFSCN2 containing multi-cyanoacrylic acid as the electron acceptor, showed a power conversion efficiency of 4.67% under AM 1.5 illumination (100 mW/cm2). The retarded recombination kinetics from TiO2 electrode to electrolyte enhanced the electron life time of the organic dye, PFSCN2 in the photoanode of the DSSC. This was confirmed with impedance analysis. Copyright © 2014 American Scientific Publishers All rights reserved.
- American Scientific Publishers
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Solar Energy1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.