Cited 2 time in
Cited 2 time in
Fast location of opens in TSV-based 3-D chip using simple resistor chain
- Fast location of opens in TSV-based 3-D chip using simple resistor chain
- Hu, Sanming; Jin, Cheng; Li, Hongyu; Li, Rui; Chong, Serchoong; Jong, Mingchinq; Wai, Eva; Teo, Keng Hwa; Je, Min Kyu; Lo, Patrickguoqiang
- DGIST Authors
- Je, Min Kyu
- Issue Date
- IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 61(7), 2584-2587
- Article Type
- 3-D Integrated Circuit (3-D IC); Chains; Electric Power Systems; Electrical Methods; Location; Open; Open Circuits; Organic Substrate; Parallel Resistor Chain; Power Supply; Resistors; Three Dimensional Integrated Circuits; Through-Silicon-Via (TSV); Through-Silicon-Vias
- This brief proposes an electrical method using simple resistor chain in parallel to quickly locate open circuits in a 3-D chip. This method is theoretically analyzed using the equivalent circuit, and experimentally validated by a 3-D integrated circuit (3-D IC). The fabricated 3-D IC consists of one printed circuit board, one organic substrate, and seven 65-nm CMOS dies stacked using microbumps and through-silicon vias. Results show that, the proposed parallel resistor chain can efficiently locate opens in a complicated 3-D IC within several minutes, using the resistance measured by power supply or multimeter only. © 2014 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringIMPACT Lab1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.