Cited 3 time in
Cited 3 time in
RMRP: A Reliable MAC and Routing Protocol for Congestion in IEEE 802.15.4 Based Wireless Sensor Networks
- RMRP: A Reliable MAC and Routing Protocol for Congestion in IEEE 802.15.4 Based Wireless Sensor Networks
- Kim, YD[Kim, Young-Duk]; Kang, WS[Kang, Won-Seok]; Cho, K[Cho, Kookrae]; Kim, D[Kim, Dongkyun]
- DGIST Authors
- Kim, YD[Kim, Young-Duk]; Kang, WS[Kang, Won-Seok]; Cho, K[Cho, Kookrae]
- Issue Date
- IEICE Transactions on Communications, E96B(12), 2998-3006
- Article Type
- IEEE 802.15.4; IEEE 802.15.4 Standards; Mac Protocol; Many-to-One Communications; Medium Access Control; Network Congestion; Network Congestions; Residential Energy; Route Maintenance; Routing Protocol; Routing Protocols; Sensor Nodes; Standards; Traffic Concentration; Wireless Sensor Network (WSN); Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs)
- In general, the sensor network has a many-to-one communication architecture wherein each node transmits its data to a sink. This leads the congested nodes to die early and nodes nears the sink suffer from significant traffic concentrations. In this paper, we propose a crosslayer based routing and MAC protocol which is compatible with the IEEE 802.15.4 standard without additional overhead. The key mechanism is to provide dynamic route discovery and route maintenance operations to avoid and mitigate the most congested nodes by monitoring link status such as link delay, buffer occupancy and residential energy. In addition, the proposed protocol also provides a dynamic tuning of BE (Binary Exponent) and frame retransmission opportunities according to the hop distance to the sink node to mitigate funnel effects. We conducted simulations, verifying the performance over existing protocols. Copyright © 2013 The Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers.
- Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers
- Related Researcher
Data Mining & Machine Learning for Text & Multimedia, Brain-Sense-ICTConvergence Computing, Computational Olfaction Measurement, Simulation&Modeling
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Wellness1. Journal Articles
Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.