Cited 16 time in
Cited 20 time in
Microstripe-array InGaN light-emitting diodes with individually addressable elements
- Microstripe-array InGaN light-emitting diodes with individually addressable elements
- Zhang, HX[Zhang, H. X.]; Gu, E[Gu, E.]; Jeon, CW[Jeon, C. W.]; Gong, Z[Gong, Z.]; Dawson, MD[Dawson, M. D.]; Neil, MAA[Neil, M. A. A.]; French, PMW[French, P. M. W.]
- DGIST Authors
- Jeon, CW[Jeon, C. W.]
- Issue Date
- IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, 18(13-16), 1681-1683
- Article Type
- A-Center; Continuous-Wave Output Power; Diodes; Emission Wavelength; InGaN; Light-Emitting Diode (LED); Light-Emitting Diodes; Light Emission; Micropixellated Light-Emitting Diode (Led); Optical Microscopy; Structured Illumination; Turn On Voltage; Ultra-Violet; Wide-Field
- High-performance InGaN light-emitting diodes consisting of 120 side-by-side and individually addressable microstripe elements have been successfully fabricated. Each stripe in these devices is 24 mu;m in width and 3600 μm long, with a center-to-center spacing between adjacent stripes of 34 μm. The emission wavelengths demonstrated range from ultraviolet (UV) (370 nm) to blue (470 nm) and green (520 nm). The devices show good uniformity and performance due to finger-pattern n-electrodes running between adjacent stripes. In the case of the UV devices for example, turn-on voltages are around 3.5 V and continuous-wave output powers per stripe ∼80 μW at 20 mA. A major feature of these devices is their ability to generate pattern-programmable emission, which offers applications in areas including structured illumination wide-field sectioning optical microscopy. © 2006 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
There are no files associated with this item.
- ETC1. Journal Articles
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.