Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
A graph theoretic characterization of perfect attackability and detection in Distributed Control Systems
- A graph theoretic characterization of perfect attackability and detection in Distributed Control Systems
- Weerakkody, Sean; Liu, Xiaofei; Son, Sang H.; Sinopoli, Bruno
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang H.
- Issue Date
- 2016 American Control Conference, ACC 2016, 2016-July, 1171-1178
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper is concerned with the analysis and design of secure distributed control systems (DCS) in the face of integrity attacks on sensors and controllers by external attackers or insiders. In general a DCS consists of many heterogenous components and agents including sensors, actuators, and controllers. Due to its distributed nature, some agents may start misbehaving to disrupt the system. This paper first reviews necessary and sufficient conditions for deterministic detection of integrity attacks carried out by any number of malicious agents, based on the concept of left invertibility of structural control systems. It then develops a notion equivalent to structural left invertibility in terms of vertex separators of a graph, which allows a designer to efficiently determine if a network is perfectly attackable. This tool is then leveraged to design minimal communication networks for DCSs, which ensure that an adversary cannot generate undetectable attacks. Numerical examples are included to illustrate these results. © 2016 American Automatic Control Council (AACC).
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.