Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Load-aware association with AP for internet-connected vehicles
- Load-aware association with AP for internet-connected vehicles
- Baek, Youngmi; Son, Sang Hyuk
- DGIST Authors
- Son, Sang Hyuk
- Issue Date
- 8th International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks, ICUFN 2016, 2016-August, 173-177
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- For connected vehicles, vehicle ad-hoc network is capable to support various communication-based applications. Specially, WLAN-based vehicular Internet access can be a complementary and cost-effective solution considering the cost of cellular service. For WLAN-based Internet connected vehicles, we propose an efficient load-aware association mechanism which allocates vehicles to roadside APs properly, and eliminates the unnecessary steps during scanning phase. We defined the load condition as a set of parameters, relative priority of parameters, and determined decision weights in order to select one AP for each vehicle. We evaluated the performance of the proposed mechanism, comparing with the strongest-RSSI-first selection for AP. Depending on the traffic volume, the proposed mechanism showed better performance in the average throughput ratio by about 20%. © 2016 IEEE.
- IEEE Computer Society
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.