Cited 0 time in
Cited 1 time in
Demo abstract: AsthmaGuide: An ecosystem for asthma monitoring and advice
- Demo abstract: AsthmaGuide: An ecosystem for asthma monitoring and advice
- Ra, Ho-Kyeong; Salekin, Asif; Yoon, Hee Jung; Kim, Jeremy; Nirjon, Shahriar; Stone, David; Kim, Sujeong; Lee, Jong-Myung; Son, Sang Hyuk; Stankovic, John A.
- DGIST Authors
- Ra, Ho-Kyeong; Yoon, Hee Jung; Son, Sang Hyuk
- Issue Date
- 13th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, SenSys 2015, 451-452
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- AsthmaGuide is a smartphone and cloud based asthma system in which a smart phone is used as a hub for collecting a comprehensive collection of information. The data, including data over time, is then displayed in a cloud web application for both patients and healthcare providers to view. AsthmaGuide also provides an advice and alarm infrastructure based on the collected data and parameters set by healthcare providers. With these components, AsthmaGuide provides a comprehensive ecosystem that allows patients to be involved in their own health and also allows doctors to provide more effective day to day care. Using real asthma patient wheezing sounds we develop a new combination of classifiers that is 96% accurate at automatically detecting wheezing. This abstract provides an overview of the design and implementation of AsthmaGuide and provides empirical evidence that AsthmaGuide is 3% - 11% more accurate in detecting wheezing sounds than standard techniques.
- Association for Computing Machinery, Inc
- Related Researcher
Son, Sang Hyuk
RTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab
Real-time system; Wireless sensor network; Cyber-physical system; Data and event service; Information security; 실시간 임베디드 시스템
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringRTCPS(Real-Time Cyber-Physical Systems) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.