Cited 0 time in
Cited 4 time in
Natural magnetic nanoparticle containing droplet for smart drug delivery and heat treatment
- Natural magnetic nanoparticle containing droplet for smart drug delivery and heat treatment
- Lee, Su Won; Ahn, Jae Hyun; Choi, Hong Soo; Seo, Jong Mo; Cho, Dong Il; Koo, K.
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Hong Soo
- Issue Date
- 37th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, EMBC 2015, 2015-November, 3541-3544
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- Biodegradable polymer droplet containing natural magnetic nanoparticle is composed for smart drug delivery and heat treatment. For selective and efficient drug delivery to the target tissue, direct high magnetic field will be applied near the target tissue. For drug release control and heat treatment, alternative high magnetic field will be applied. Magnetosome, natural magnetic nanoparticle, is extracted from magnetotactic bacteria, AMB-1. Mixture of magnetosome and sodium alginate composes into droplet using the microfluidic device applied Plateau-Rayleigh instability principle. The magnetosome contained droplet selected its rout at the bifurcate microchannels by direct high magnetic field. High alternative magnetic field generating circuit is designed with 18 mT and 4 Hz magnetic wave. The generated magnetic wave was applied to the extracted magnetosomes so that temperature of the magnetosomes increased from 15.2°C to 17.6°C. © 2015 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Bio-Micro Robotics Lab
Micro/Nano robot; Neural prostheses; MEMS; BMI; MEMS/NEMS; BioMEMS; MEMS 초음파 트랜스듀스; 인공와우
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringBio-Micro Robotics Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.