Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
Region of interest selection interface for wide-angle arthroscope
- Region of interest selection interface for wide-angle arthroscope
- Jung, Kyunghwa; Kekatpure, Ashay L.; Hong, Hanpyo; Adikrishna, Arnold; Jeon, In-Ho; Cho, Hyung-Suck; Hong, Jaeseung
- DGIST Authors
- Jung, Kyunghwa; Hong, Jaeseung
- Issue Date
- International Symposium of Optomechatronics Technology, ISOT 2015, 32
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- We have proposed a new interface for an wide-angle endoscope for solo surgery. The wide-angle arthroscopic view and magnified region of interest (ROI) within the wide view were shown simultaneously. With a camera affixed to surgical instruments, the position of the ROI could be determined by manipulating the surgical instrument. Image features acquired by the A-KAZE approach were used to estimate the change of position of the surgical instrument by tracking the features every time the camera moved. We examined the accuracy of ROI selection using three different images, which were different-sized square arrays and tested phantom experiments. When the number of ROIs was twelve, the success rate was best, and the rate diminished as the size of ROIs decreased. The experimental results showed that the method of using a camera without additional sensors satisfied the appropriate accuracy required for ROI selection, and this interface was helpful in performing surgery with fewer assistants. © 2015 Owned by the authors, published by EDP Sciences.
- EDP Sciences
- Related Researcher
Surgical Robotics & Augmented Reality Lab
Surgical Navigation; Surgical Robot; Medical Imaging; 영상 유도 수술 로봇; 수술 내비게이션
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Robotics EngineeringSurgical Robotics & Augmented Reality Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.