Cited 0 time in
Cited 0 time in
A universal resource allocation method for H-FDD, FDD and TDD wireless OFDM systems
- A universal resource allocation method for H-FDD, FDD and TDD wireless OFDM systems
- Choi, Jihwan P.; Shin, Jaesub; Lee, Jungwon; Lou, Hui-Ling; Choi, Ji-Woong
- DGIST Authors
- Choi, Jihwan P.; Shin, Jaesub; Choi, Ji-Woong
- Issue Date
- 5th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence, ICTC 2014, 930-935
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In addition to conventional frequency division duplexing (FDD) and time division duplexing (TDD), half frequency division duplexing (H-FDD) has recently attracted attention since H-FDD can be an economical solution for machine-to-machine (M2M) communication networks. As next generation cellular wireless networks are crowded with ever-high capacity demand and new applications, efficient resource allocation will be crucial for system performance enhancement and economical competitiveness. This paper proposes a universal resource allocation method applicable to all H-FDD, FDD and TDD. In the most complicated case of H-FDD, the proposed scheme jointly optimizes mobile station (MS) grouping and frame partitioning in addition to resource allocation. We develop a near-optimum and low-complexity algorithm for H-FDD resource allocation from the universal formulation, and show that it can be applied to FDD and TDD as special cases. Simulation results demonstrate that our algorithm can provide performance gain close to that of the optimum but time-consuming exhaustive search. © 2014 IEEE.
- IEEE Computer Society
- Related Researcher
Choi, Jihwan P.
NC(Networks and Communications) Research Group
Wireless and space communication systems; Cross-layer network design; 위성 통신 네트워크
There are no files associated with this item.
- Department of Information and Communication EngineeringCSP(Communication and Signal Processing) Lab2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.