Cited 0 time in
Cited 6 time in
Three plot correlation-based small infrared target detection in dense sun-glint environment for infrared search and track
- Three plot correlation-based small infrared target detection in dense sun-glint environment for infrared search and track
- Kim, Sungho; Choi, Byungin; Kim, Jieun; Kwon, Soon; Kim, Kyung-Tae
- DGIST Authors
- Kwon, Soon
- Issue Date
- Signal and Data Processing of Small Targets 2012, 8393
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- This paper presents a separate spatio-temporal filter based small infrared target detection method to address the sea-based infrared search and track (IRST) problem in dense sun-glint environment. It is critical to detect small infrared targets such as sea-skimming missiles or asymmetric small ships for national defense. On the sea surface, sun-glint clutters degrade the detection performance. Furthermore, if we have to detect true targets using only three images with a low frame rate camera, then the problem is more difficult. We propose a novel three plot correlation filter and statistics based clutter reduction method to achieve robust small target detection rate in dense sun-glint environment. We validate the robust detection performance of the proposed method via real infrared test sequences including synthetic targets. © 2012 SPIE.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.