Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Stereo vision-based obstacle detection using dense disparity map
- Stereo vision-based obstacle detection using dense disparity map
- Lee, Chung-Hee; Lim, Young-Chul; Kwon, Soon; Kim, Jonghwan
- DGIST Authors
- Lee, Chung-Hee; Lim, Young-Chul; Kwon, Soon
- Issue Date
- International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing, ICGIP 2011
- In this paper, we propose stereo vision-based obstacle detection method on the road using a dense disparity map. We use the dense disparity map to detect obstacles robustly in real traffic situations. Our method consists of three stages, namely road feature extraction, column detection, obstacle segmentation. First, we extract a road feature from a v- disparity map calculated from a dense disparity map. And we perform a column detection using the extracted road feature as a criterion that decides whether obstacles exist or not. Finally, we perform a segmentation using a bird's-eye view mapping to divide the merged obstacle into each obstacle accurately. We conduct experiments to verify our method in the real traffic situations. © 2011 Copyright Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE).
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.