Cited 0 time in
Cited 2 time in
Driver's head detection model in color image for driver's status monitoring
- Driver's head detection model in color image for driver's status monitoring
- Won, Woong Jae; Kim, Man Ho; Son, Joon-Woo
- DGIST Authors
- Won, Woong Jae; Son, Joon-Woo
- Issue Date
- 11th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, ITSC 2008, 1161-1166
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we proposed a simple driver's head detection model for driver's status monitoring, in order to implement interactive safety driving agent system. For intensifying the driver's head region, we consider normalized color feature combination method with skin color filter. And, the center-surround difference and normalization algorithms are applied for making saliency map of driver's head in order to nt only reduce the background noise, but also more reinforce the intensity of driver's head regions than non-head area. The driver's head regions are simply selected through searching local maximum energy with histogram projection method. And, we adopt the 2D+3D active appearance model(AAM) for tracking driver's head region and estimating driver's head pose. Experimental results show that proposed model can successfully detect driver's head region and estimate driver's head pose. © 2008 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
There are no files associated with this item.
- Companion Diagnostics and Medical Technology Research Group2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.