Cited 0 time in
Cited 38 time in
Reduction of handover latency using MIH services in MIPv6
- Reduction of handover latency using MIH services in MIPv6
- An, Yoon Young; Yae, Byung Ho; Lee, Kang Won; Cho, You Ze; Jung, Woo Young
- DGIST Authors
- Jung, Woo Young
- Issue Date
- 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, 2, 229-234
- Article Type
- Conference Paper
- In this paper, we propose an enhanced handover mechanism with new additional primitives and parameters to the media independent handover (MH) services defined in the IEEE 802.21. The proposed scheme can reduce handover latency for mobile IPv6 (MIPvo) by removing the router discovery time. Moreover, when the proposed mechanism is applied to the FMIPv6, we can increase the probability that the FMIPv6 can be performed in predictive mode by reducing the handover initiation time, thereby we can reduce the expected handover latency in the FMIPv6. In addition, with the proposed scheme, we can design the network cost-effectively by reducing coverage overlap between adjacent cells because the handover initiation time in the FMIPv6 is decreased. © 2006 IEEE.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Related Researcher
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving
There are no files associated with this item.
- Convergence Research Center for Future Automotive Technology2. Conference Papers
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.